Singapore-based cryptocurrency derivatives exchange Phemex, has rolled out a proprietary perpetual contract pegged on gold and settled in nominal USD that they say is the first GOLD/USD perpetual contract that can be traded with up to x100 leverage.
It is pegged price-wise by the combination of several indexes: 1Forge.com (40%), GoldPrice.com (20%), itBit.com (15%), Bitfinex.com (15%), and Kraken.com (10%).
Phemex’s CEO Jack Tao commented:
“This is just the beginning for non-crypto assets on the Phemex platform, the roadmap for 2020 includes stock indexes, interest rates, FOREX, commodities, other metals, and energy resources.”
“Considering Bitcoin’s recent volatility, the Phemex team has introduced this novel product in order to help their users hedge their risk with as many options as possible.”
Each contract is worth 0.001 troy ounce of gold and they say the index is updated and published every second. If any of the sources disconnects, it will be temporarily removed from the calculation until a connection can be re-established. The weight of the disconnected source will be proportionally reallocated among the remaining sources.
Perpetual contracts trade at close to the underlying market price for bitcoin, because of a funding mechanism that requires long and short contract holders to exchange payments every eight hours.
While various crypto exchange platforms have shown an increased interest in the derivatives market, the Phemex powered derivatives platform is one of a kind, as it is designed to be the world’s most trustworthy with a fully transparent, fair pricing mechanism matched with unrivalled speed and the fastest matching engine available.
- Crypto Giant Bakkt Raise $300 million in Series B Funding Round – March 17, 2020
- To Hedge Against BTC’s Volatility, Phemex Launch GOLD/USD Pair to Trade Gold Perpetual Contracts With up To 100X Leverage – March 17, 2020
- Engage Further Backs Blockchain Company Fluree in Seed Extension Round of Financing – March 17, 2020
- Goodyear to Run Blockchain Pilot Supply Chain Programme with Science Applications International Corp – March 16, 2020
- Bitfinex Launches Massive $280m Crypto Hedge Fund for Institutional Investors – March 16, 2020
- Sapien Network Partners With Matic Network To Allow Super-fast, High-performance Transactions – March 16, 2020
- Zilliqa To Launch Zilliqa Dex With Switcheo – March 16, 2020
- Coronavirus Crashes Crypto – March 13, 2020
- Non-Profit Celo Foundation Announces The Launch Of “Alliance For Prosperity” – March 13, 2020
- Two Chinese Nationals Charged with Hacking Cryptocurrency Exchange and Laundering Over $100 Million in Cryptocurrency – March 13, 2020
- Crypto Derivatives Platform Phemex Lands $3.5 Million Investment Round from NGC Ventures Leads – March 12, 2020
- Digital Monetary System Tagion Claims Open Source User-driven Networks Are The Future Of Liquidity In Crypto Assets And Fiat Digitalisation – March 11, 2020
- Caribbean Entrepreneur Builds First System That Allows You To Trade Cryptocurrency From WhatsApp – March 10, 2020
- Leading AdTech Firms Pilot World’s First Blockchain-Powered Digital Out-of-Home Advertising Campaign for Food Delivery Giant foodpanda – March 10, 2020
- Bitcoin Legend Charlie Shrem and BLOCKTV Team up to Bring Untold Stories to the Screen – February 26, 2020
- KLM To Use Blockchain to Streamline Financial Processes Thanks to Amsterdam-based Unchain and R3 – February 25, 2020
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry – February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform – February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience – February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 – February 8, 2020
View All Articles
Also published on Medium.
Credit Source link