Food industry blockchain pioneer Ripe Technology is teaming up with the food and animal safety giant Neogen to integrate innovative blockchain technology with Neogen’s food safety diagnostics and animal genomics. This will help create a history of products and animals as they go through their entire production cycles.
Neogen CEO John Adent stated:
“Blockchain has tremendous potential throughout the food and livestock industries, both to verify the authenticity of premium products, such as cage-free eggs, and enhance the traceability of issues that require correction, such as those that lead to product recalls.”
“Blockchain technology has a lot to offer both our food safety diagnostic and animal genomic customers, as the technology permanently connects a tremendous amount of potentially critical data, including results from Neogen’s tests, to a food product or animal. There are countless potential benefits to adopting the technology. For example, the genomic profile of a dairy cow could be connected with the feed the animal eats, its medical history, barn environment, quantity and quality of the milk it produces, etc. Blockchain can serve to optimize the entire supply chains of many of the markets that Neogen serves.”
“ripe.io is the perfect partner for us as we work to adapt the technology to our industry,” Adent continued.
“They have real-life experience with working with food producers, food distributors, restaurants and food retailers — all key market segments for us.”
“We are extremely excited that Neogen selected us as their blockchain and ledger technology partner,” said Raja Ramachandran, ripe.io’s chief executive officer. “Neogen’s diagnostics and DNA expertise can add the highest degree of transparency and factual correctness for critical issues around authenticity and accuracy on food recalls. We believe this will change the game in food transparency for improved quality assessment from the beginning of the supply chain all the way to consumers.”
The blockchain technology will be initially separate from Neogen’s recently announced Neogen Analytics platform but when fused the company believes the two technologies can form the basis for advanced data-driven decisions for its customers.
Neogen Analytics is an innovative platform that will enable Neogen customers to automate food safety workflows, and continuously monitor and analyze food risk data generated by the company’s food safety diagnostic products. By automating and connecting multiple data points through diagnostic testing in a production facility, the food safety data analytics platform enables food producers and processors to harness their data to create a holistic picture around areas of risk that can guide operational decisions.
Neogen has a market cap of $1.83 billion and operates a product line of over 100 drug detection test kits worldwide for the detection of about 300 abused and therapeutic drugs in animal treatment.
The company operates its business through two segments including Food Safety and Animal Safety.
Neogen’s Food Safety Division is primarily engaged in the production and marketing of diagnostic test kits and complementary products marketed to food and feed producers and processors to detect dangerous and/or unintended substances in food and animal feed, such as foodborne pathogens, spoilage organisms, natural toxins, food allergens, genetic modifications, meat speciation, drug residues, pesticide residues and general sanitation concerns.
Neogen’s Animal Safety Division is primarily engaged in the development, manufacture and marketing of veterinary instruments, pharmaceuticals, vaccines, topicals, diagnostic products, a full suite of agricultural biosecurity products, such as rodenticides, cleaners, disinfectants and insecticides and genomics services.
- Ripe Technology and Neogen Team Up to Bring Blockchain to Food Safety and Animal Genomics – March 20, 2020
- HYPE: Bitcoin Trading Now Open via Banca Sella to 1.2 Million Italians Customers During Lockdown – March 20, 2020
- Argentina’s Natural Gas Infrastructure Moving to Blockchain Technology – March 20, 2020
- Banks Shut Down in Venezuela – P2P Bitcoin Trading Surges – March 19, 2020
- Blockchain and AI Technologies Combined to Battle Coronavirus – Covid-19 as Immuno-Oncology Company Mateon Partners with Meridian IT to Fast Track Drug Manufacturing – March 19, 2020
- Blockchain Cryptocurrency Ripple Teams Up With Thai Remittance Payment Company DeeMoney – March 19, 2020
- $50M ‘Blockchain for India’ Fund for Indian Startup Ecosystem Announced by Binance – March 18, 2020
- Hard Fork for Steem Network Set for Friday, March 18, 2020 – New Community Will be Called Hive – March 18, 2020
- Crypto Giant Bakkt Raise $300 million in Series B Funding Round – March 17, 2020
- To Hedge Against BTC’s Volatility, Phemex Launch GOLD/USD Pair to Trade Gold Perpetual Contracts With up To 100X Leverage – March 17, 2020
- Engage Further Backs Blockchain Company Fluree in Seed Extension Round of Financing – March 17, 2020
- Goodyear to Run Blockchain Pilot Supply Chain Programme with Science Applications International Corp – March 16, 2020
- Bitfinex Launches Massive $280m Crypto Hedge Fund for Institutional Investors – March 16, 2020
- Sapien Network Partners With Matic Network To Allow Super-fast, High-performance Transactions – March 16, 2020
- Zilliqa To Launch Zilliqa Dex With Switcheo – March 16, 2020
- Coronavirus Crashes Crypto – March 13, 2020
- Non-Profit Celo Foundation Announces The Launch Of “Alliance For Prosperity” – March 13, 2020
- Two Chinese Nationals Charged with Hacking Cryptocurrency Exchange and Laundering Over $100 Million in Cryptocurrency – March 13, 2020
- Crypto Derivatives Platform Phemex Lands $3.5 Million Investment Round from NGC Ventures Leads – March 12, 2020
- Digital Monetary System Tagion Claims Open Source User-driven Networks Are The Future Of Liquidity In Crypto Assets And Fiat Digitalisation – March 11, 2020
View All Articles
Credit Source link