Founding partner of Draper Fisher Jurvetson (DFJ), Draper Associates, the Draper Venture Network and Draper University, Tim Draper appears to be poised to back projects in India.
At least according to Suprita Anupam, a writer for leading Indian media and information platform Inc42, who recently interviewed Draper:
“The Supreme Court of India and the Indian government have shown that the best ideas ultimately prevail, and just in time, because the benefits of Bitcoin and crypto over current systems will become apparent during this crisis, stated Draper.
“…I met several Bitcoin and crypto startups while I was in India last week. I hope to be able to fund a number of them.”
The bell was run for Draper after a new Indian Supreme Court decision freed up virtual currency startups in the country. In a recent landmark ruling, the Supreme Court set aside Reserve Bank of India (RBI) ban on trading in virtual currencies (VCs) through banks and other RBI regulated entities.
Prior to this on April 6, 2018, RBI had directed its regulated entities to neither deal in VCs nor provide services for facilitating any person or entity dealing with or settling VCs, and to exit the relationship if they were already extending such services.
Previously Draper told Inc42 that India’s Banning of Cryptocurrency & Regulation of Official Digital Currency Bill 2019 was wrong:
“It is akin to the Luddites. They are in fact saying, ‘we will not tolerate progress.’ It will set them back 40 years. Imagine if they did this with the internet?”
“…It seems as though they are clinging to their power instead of thinking of the good of the country. This move shows that Modi has not yet rooted out corruption in the country. It lives on in his own government.”
Last week, Binance announced setting up a $50 Mn fund to invest in a crypto and blockchain startups in India.
- Legendary Silicon Valley Investor Tim Draper Bullish on Indian Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Startups – March 23, 2020
- Former Republican Washington State Senator David Schmidt Slammed by SEC in Emergency Action Against Crypto Scam – March 23, 2020
- Seven-Year-Old Veteran Crown Platform Activates NFT Framework to Tokenise assets on the Crown Blockchain – March 23, 2020
- CovidTrial.io – Online Open Data Clinical Trial for COVID-19 Prevention by MD and Blockchain Experts – March 20, 2020
- Virtual Remote Platform Celo Camp Offers Startups $25,000 USD in Contest Prizes to Build Apps on the Celo Blockchain – March 20, 2020
- Ripe Technology and Neogen Team Up to Bring Blockchain to Food Safety and Animal Genomics – March 20, 2020
- HYPE: Bitcoin Trading Now Open via Banca Sella to 1.2 Million Italians Customers During Lockdown – March 20, 2020
- Argentina’s Natural Gas Infrastructure Moving to Blockchain Technology – March 20, 2020
- Banks Shut Down in Venezuela – P2P Bitcoin Trading Surges – March 19, 2020
- Blockchain and AI Technologies Combined to Battle Coronavirus – Covid-19 as Immuno-Oncology Company Mateon Partners with Meridian IT to Fast Track Drug Manufacturing – March 19, 2020
- Blockchain Cryptocurrency Ripple Teams Up With Thai Remittance Payment Company DeeMoney – March 19, 2020
- $50M ‘Blockchain for India’ Fund for Indian Startup Ecosystem Announced by Binance – March 18, 2020
- Hard Fork for Steem Network Set for Friday, March 18, 2020 – New Community Will be Called Hive – March 18, 2020
- Crypto Giant Bakkt Raise $300 million in Series B Funding Round – March 17, 2020
- To Hedge Against BTC’s Volatility, Phemex Launch GOLD/USD Pair to Trade Gold Perpetual Contracts With up To 100X Leverage – March 17, 2020
- Engage Further Backs Blockchain Company Fluree in Seed Extension Round of Financing – March 17, 2020
- Goodyear to Run Blockchain Pilot Supply Chain Programme with Science Applications International Corp – March 16, 2020
- Bitfinex Launches Massive $280m Crypto Hedge Fund for Institutional Investors – March 16, 2020
- Sapien Network Partners With Matic Network To Allow Super-fast, High-performance Transactions – March 16, 2020
- Zilliqa To Launch Zilliqa Dex With Switcheo – March 16, 2020
View All Articles
Also published on Medium.
Credit Source link