Science Applications International Corp (SAIC) is planning to run a collaborative blockchain-fueled pilot program with Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company to secure supply chain transactions.
“I have no doubt this pilot will bolster the already outstanding work our customers enjoy through the Global Tires Program and further our supply chain solutions”
“Accurate and secure supply chain solutions are critical to SAIC’s work of providing our customers with the commodities they need when and where they require them. Blockchain technology will offer secure methods for transmission of mission-critical, sensitive data and information to our Armed Forces and U.S. government personnel around the world,” said Jim Scanlon, SAIC executive vice president and general manager of the Defense Systems Customer Group.
The pilot plans to use industry-standard formatting for digital transactions, as well as smart contracts, or computer transactions, that are securely added to the blockchain. Blockchain participants would then be able to track and view data to analyze supply chain activity, further aiding customers in making informed buying decisions.
“I have no doubt this pilot will bolster the already outstanding work our customers enjoy through the Global Tires Program and further our supply chain solutions,” Scanlon continued.
For about a decade, SAIC has been the prime contractor supporting the Tire Successor Initiative and Global Tires Program. As a part of these programs, valued at more than $900 million each, SAIC has delivered more than 1.5 million tires, with an impressive 97% fill rate.
- Goodyear to Run Blockchain Pilot Supply Chain Programme with Science Applications International Corp – March 16, 2020
- Bitfinex Launches Massive $280m Crypto Hedge Fund for Institutional Investors – March 16, 2020
- Sapien Network Partners With Matic Network To Allow Super-fast, High-performance Transactions – March 16, 2020
- Zilliqa To Launch Zilliqa Dex With Switcheo – March 16, 2020
- Coronavirus Crashes Crypto – March 13, 2020
- Non-Profit Celo Foundation Announces The Launch Of “Alliance For Prosperity” – March 13, 2020
- Two Chinese Nationals Charged with Hacking Cryptocurrency Exchange and Laundering Over $100 Million in Cryptocurrency – March 13, 2020
- Crypto Derivatives Platform Phemex Lands $3.5 Million Investment Round from NGC Ventures Leads – March 12, 2020
- Digital Monetary System Tagion Claims Open Source User-driven Networks Are The Future Of Liquidity In Crypto Assets And Fiat Digitalisation – March 11, 2020
- Caribbean Entrepreneur Builds First System That Allows You To Trade Cryptocurrency From WhatsApp – March 10, 2020
- Leading AdTech Firms Pilot World’s First Blockchain-Powered Digital Out-of-Home Advertising Campaign for Food Delivery Giant foodpanda – March 10, 2020
- Bitcoin Legend Charlie Shrem and BLOCKTV Team up to Bring Untold Stories to the Screen – February 26, 2020
- KLM To Use Blockchain to Streamline Financial Processes Thanks to Amsterdam-based Unchain and R3 – February 25, 2020
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry – February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform – February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience – February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 – February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales – February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform – February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 – February 6, 2020
View All Articles
Also published on Medium.
Credit Source link