Fluree, a North Carolina-headquartered data-first technology startup that recently announced a strategic blockchain deployment with the United States Air Force is getting further backing from Engage in a seed extension round of funding with participation from Engage.
“Organizations have been striving to secure a data-first approach for nearly a decade, and Fluree finally brings that vision to life,” said Brian Platz, co-CEO and co-founder of Fluree. “As the semantic web continues to dissolve data silos and build a new framework for harnessing the value of information, Fluree is becoming the back-end to power that change. In Engage, we have the ideal partners to continue our strategic enterprise expansion and further catalyze the next phase of the web.”
The investment follows a June 2019 $4.7M seed funding round.
The new funds will enable Fluree to expand the market penetration of its enterprise data management platform. Tech startups, government agencies and Fortune 500 enterprises use Fluree as the engine to share, secure and build services upon high-quality, trusted data.
Fluree PBC (Fluree) is a Public Benefit Corporation co-founded by serial IT entrepreneurs and executives Brian Platz and Flip Filipowski in 2016. Built for versatility, the Fluree platform is an enterprise database that acts as the foundation for emerging online architectures that include AI, microservices, machine learning, the semantic web and consortium blockchains.
Founded two years ago, Engage has invested in over 40 companies from across the country. Engage portfolio companies have created over 1,000 jobs and gone on to raise almost $400 million in additional venture financing.
“Fluree is providing a transformative solution to a large problem we see in the enterprise space, rethinking data storage and management,” said Thiago Olson, managing director at Engage. “We are thrilled to welcome Fluree into the Engage family and begin connecting them with our corporate partners.”
Managed by Tech Square Ventures, Atlanta-based Engage is backed by 11 corporations — AT&T, Chick-fil-A, Cox Enterprises, Delta Air Lines, Georgia- Pacific, Georgia Power, Goldman Sachs, Intercontinental Exchange (ICE), Invesco, The Home Depot and UPS — along with leading research institution Georgia Institute of Technology and Invest Georgia. The Engage platform is a first-of-its-kind venture fund and program designed to provide companies access to what they need most: customers and new markets.
- Crypto Giant Bakkt Raise $300 million in Series B Funding Round – March 17, 2020
- To Hedge Against BTC’s Volatility, Phemex Launch GOLD/USD Pair to Trade Gold Perpetual Contracts With up To 100X Leverage – March 17, 2020
- Engage Further Backs Blockchain Company Fluree in Seed Extension Round of Financing – March 17, 2020
- Goodyear to Run Blockchain Pilot Supply Chain Programme with Science Applications International Corp – March 16, 2020
- Bitfinex Launches Massive $280m Crypto Hedge Fund for Institutional Investors – March 16, 2020
- Sapien Network Partners With Matic Network To Allow Super-fast, High-performance Transactions – March 16, 2020
- Zilliqa To Launch Zilliqa Dex With Switcheo – March 16, 2020
- Coronavirus Crashes Crypto – March 13, 2020
- Non-Profit Celo Foundation Announces The Launch Of “Alliance For Prosperity” – March 13, 2020
- Two Chinese Nationals Charged with Hacking Cryptocurrency Exchange and Laundering Over $100 Million in Cryptocurrency – March 13, 2020
- Crypto Derivatives Platform Phemex Lands $3.5 Million Investment Round from NGC Ventures Leads – March 12, 2020
- Digital Monetary System Tagion Claims Open Source User-driven Networks Are The Future Of Liquidity In Crypto Assets And Fiat Digitalisation – March 11, 2020
- Caribbean Entrepreneur Builds First System That Allows You To Trade Cryptocurrency From WhatsApp – March 10, 2020
- Leading AdTech Firms Pilot World’s First Blockchain-Powered Digital Out-of-Home Advertising Campaign for Food Delivery Giant foodpanda – March 10, 2020
- Bitcoin Legend Charlie Shrem and BLOCKTV Team up to Bring Untold Stories to the Screen – February 26, 2020
- KLM To Use Blockchain to Streamline Financial Processes Thanks to Amsterdam-based Unchain and R3 – February 25, 2020
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry – February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform – February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience – February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 – February 8, 2020
View All Articles
Also published on Medium.
Credit Source link