Tagion, a monetary and open banking protocol, has launched its much-anticipated devnet allowing individuals and companies to test a new developer kit and wallet application with everything needed to begin the process of transferring tags.
“We’re really excited to share our work with the community,” said co-founder and CEO Theis Simonsen, “With the release of these new tools, our vision to create a cryptocurrency that restores financial power to the individual has taken a massive step towards becoming reality.”
Tagion has been under development for more than two years as the team worked to solve several technical challenges. And this new proof-of-concept release demonstrates that the technology stack not only works but also fulfils the wider goals of the Tagion project.
A complex mechanism
The DART (Distributed Archive of Random Transactions) database sits at the heart of the Tagion currency. Inside are stored details of each electronic ‘bill’ and its associated public key. The proof of concept model has successfully completed several synchronisation tests. Bills can now be stored and deleted as they are spent with all transaction details being replicated accurately across all distributed nodes.
Similarly, the scripting engine that executes each transaction is now working. Each transaction is successfully transferred using a gossip protocol to send updates between nodes, and the hashgraph consensus mechanism ensures that transactions are properly ordered.
“The underlying database and protocols are the foundation of Tagion. But this new proof of concept release goes much further,” explained Simonsen, “We now have an API interface for performing user transactions and a tested payment protocol that is tested for double-spend, so developers can use our API to perform transactions. We also have a wallet application so that users can store and spend Tagion – or at least test the process themselves.”
Both developer API and wallet remain in beta testing. The fact that the entire technology stack has been proven to work together with the payment protocol is extremely encouraging for the future of the Tagion project.
“There is still a lot of work to be done,” confirmed Simonsen, “the time taken to clear a transaction is still too slow for instance. But now we have a working technology stack our development team can focus on optimisation. Our dream of a more democratic economy based on the Tagion digital monetary system is about to be realised.”
The Tagion Developer Kit is available for download here – https://github.com/tagion/sdk.
For more information contact Tobias Ambs-Thomsen, [email protected]
- Digital Monetary System Tagion Claims Open Source User-driven Networks Are The Future Of Liquidity In Crypto Assets And Fiat Digitalisation – March 11, 2020
- Caribbean Entrepreneur Builds First System That Allows You To Trade Cryptocurrency From WhatsApp – March 10, 2020
- Leading AdTech Firms Pilot World’s First Blockchain-Powered Digital Out-of-Home Advertising Campaign for Food Delivery Giant foodpanda – March 10, 2020
- Bitcoin Legend Charlie Shrem and BLOCKTV Team up to Bring Untold Stories to the Screen – February 26, 2020
- KLM To Use Blockchain to Streamline Financial Processes Thanks to Amsterdam-based Unchain and R3 – February 25, 2020
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry – February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform – February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience – February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 – February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales – February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform – February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 – February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 – February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham – February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme – February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds – February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million – February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain – February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency – February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token – February 3, 2020
View All Articles
Also published on Medium.
Credit Source link