Phemex, a cryptocurrency derivatives platform today announced a $3.5 million (USD) investment round, led by NGC Ventures, one of the world’s leading blockchain investment firms, followed by a number of Morgan Stanley executives and a leading team of quants. The investment will drive Phemex’s global expansion and growing the Phemex team while also launching a renewed product design.
Commenting on the investment, Tony Gu, Founding Partner at NGC Ventures, said:
“As we witness an increase in global demand for products such as cryptocurrency derivatives, there is a need for market-ready products and platforms that can cope with this rise in demand. NGC Ventures believes in Phemex’s technical superiority and has full confidence in its team to expand its platform and product offering across the new markets successfully and meaningfully.”
Phemex is building the world’s fastest cryptocurrency derivatives platform with a user-oriented approach to offer market-leading technical features such as high-security, high transaction throughput, and low latency to allow traders to easily buy and sell derivatives contracts with trust. Advocates of the benefits of knowledge-sharing and as a means to give back to the industry, Phemex is the first exchange to share its core architecture.
Launched in November 2019, Phemex currently has 105,000 registered users. This investment will spur Phemex’s growth in markets such as Russia, Korea, and Japan as well as hiring outstanding talent across the developer, marketing, and customer service teams.
Commenting on the announcement, Jack Tao, CEO of Phemex, said:
“Finance is advancing rapidly and with this innovation comes great opportunity. Blockchain has the ability to bring billions of potential users into a more equitable global system, and we want to be there to enable them to have access to user-friendly, secure, and efficient trading platforms. This investment from NGC Ventures will help us to fulfil this vision, bringing our expanded product offering to new markets, allowing new users to transact with ease”.
NGC Ventures is one of the largest and most active institutional investors of cryptocurrencies. NGC Ventures adopts best practices from traditional financial markets to invest in and incubate leading projects in the crypto industry worldwide.
- Crypto Derivatives Platform Phemex Lands $3.5 Million Investment Round from NGC Ventures Leads – March 12, 2020
- Digital Monetary System Tagion Claims Open Source User-driven Networks Are The Future Of Liquidity In Crypto Assets And Fiat Digitalisation – March 11, 2020
- Caribbean Entrepreneur Builds First System That Allows You To Trade Cryptocurrency From WhatsApp – March 10, 2020
- Leading AdTech Firms Pilot World’s First Blockchain-Powered Digital Out-of-Home Advertising Campaign for Food Delivery Giant foodpanda – March 10, 2020
- Bitcoin Legend Charlie Shrem and BLOCKTV Team up to Bring Untold Stories to the Screen – February 26, 2020
- KLM To Use Blockchain to Streamline Financial Processes Thanks to Amsterdam-based Unchain and R3 – February 25, 2020
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry – February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform – February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience – February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 – February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales – February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform – February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 – February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 – February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham – February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme – February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds – February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million – February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain – February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency – February 3, 2020
View All Articles
Also published on Medium.
Credit Source link