India’s largest cryptocurrency trading platform and liquidity aggregator CoinDCX has closed its Series A funding round of US$3 Million led by Bain Capital Ventures, Polychain Capital as well as the company behind BitMEX called HDR Group, and other venture capitalists. The secured funds will be tapped to support CoinDCX’s nationwide efforts to promote crypto adoption and boost its next phase of development including product and service enhancements, research and development, marketing activities, and human resource growth.
The news of the successful Series A closure follows the renewed investor interest for Indian blockchain projects due to the lifting of banking ban on India’s crypto industry by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and a massive investment of USD $50m by Binance directly into the Indian blockchain community.
Sumit Gupta, CEO and Co-founder of CoinDCX, said:
“As the country’s largest exchange, we are in a position to drive national crypto adoption forward responsibly. This successful investment round will go a long way in funding our vision of accelerating India’s growth into a US$5 trillion economy. With a slew of exciting projects in the pipeline, the closure of our Series A is the first step in a new chapter in the CoinDCX story as we continue to drive the mass adoption of crypto assets in India.”
“We have chosen to partner with CoinDCX to build out a superior trading product that is fit for the region and to support its move to promote cryptocurrencies in one of the largest markets in the world. The Supreme Court’s decision to strike down the banking ban is an encouraging sign for the broader cryptocurrency ecosystem in India and we are confident that there is huge potential growth in this market,” added Founder of Polychain Capital Olaf Carlson-Wee.
The announcement of the successful closure of the Series A funding round comes as India witnesses unprecedented levels of crypto adoption following the lifting of an industry-wide banking ban by the Reserve Bank of India enacted in 2018. The investment marks the beginning of a new stage of growth for CoinDCX, and will allow the exchange to accelerate improvements to its service-offering to match the recent uptick in Indian crypto users, bolstering its leading position within the Indian cryptocurrency market.
Established in 2018, CoinDCX boasts a unique liquidity aggregation model integrated with top global exchanges including Binance, Huobi, and OKEx. Its suite of products includes:
- DCXInsta, its fiat-to-crypto product, allowing users to buy and sell cryptocurrencies with INR instantly
- DCXtrade, its spot trading product providing access to 500+ markets;
- DCXMargin, its margin trading product that provides 6x leverage on 200+ coins; as well as DCXFutures, its futures trading product with up to 15x leverage, near-negligible maker and taker fees, high-level risk management, and a super-efficient trading engine.
Arthur Hayes, co-founder and CEO of HDR Group, added:
“The recent developments in the cryptocurrency regulatory landscape in India are very encouraging and are likely to accelerate adoption and innovation in this sector. We are excited to be investors in CoinDCX and believe that their talented team and technology will allow them to be the dominant cryptocurrency venue in the region.”
CoinDCX has disclosed that the invested capital has been earmarked for five key components of the exchange’s development and expansion, namely product enhancements, service enhancements, research and development, marketing activities, and human resource growth. This will include market expansion activities, as well as the addition of new trading pairs to the CoinDCX platform. The exchange also has plans to develop a fiat onboarding solution in partnership with major crypto projects, algorithm-based trading, as well as a crypto-to-crypto trading product in the pipeline for 2020.
Other portfolio companies of Polychain Capital and HDR Group include leading names within the blockchain and cryptocurrency sector, such as MakerDAO, DFinity, and Rain, the Middle East’s first licensed cryptocurrency exchange. Bain Capital Ventures, meanwhile, boasts more than 940 capital investments in industries spanning the technology, fintech, and e-commerce sectors – including household names such as LinkedIn, Jet.com, DocuSign, and America’s leading micro-investment application Acorns.
Following the Supreme Court decision, CoinDCX became the first cryptocurrency exchange in India to integrate bank account transfers. In its bid to further promote nation-wide adoption of crypto, CoinDCX last week announced the launch of its long-term campaign entitled TryCrypto, pledging a sum of $1.3 million USD to bring the total number of crypto users in India to 50 million. The campaign aims to rally the whole of India through a series of on-the-ground and online initiatives including DCXLearn, its full-fledged crypto learning program.
- Game Development Companies Team Up with Blockchain Operation Forte to Unlock New Business Models for Games – March 24, 2020
- Blockchain Supply Chain Project Envoy teams up with KYC Hub – March 24, 2020
- CoinDCX, India’s Largest Cryptocurrency Exchange, Secures Successful Series A Round Led By Polychain Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and HDR Group, operator of BitMEX – March 24, 2020
- Cartesi Launches Linux Infrastructure For Developing Blockchain DApps – March 24, 2020
- American Company HashCash Consultants Announce Coronavirus Crypto Relief Fund or CFIX – March 23, 2020
- Alibaba Group Implementing Blockchain Technology for the World’s Largest eCommerce Site – March 23, 2020
- Crypto.com Cuts Deal with Oveit for Events Industry Crypto Payments – March 23, 2020
- Russian Central Bank Wants to Clamp Down on Cryptocurrencies – March 23, 2020
- Legendary Silicon Valley Investor Tim Draper Bullish on Indian Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Startups – March 23, 2020
- Former Republican Washington State Senator David Schmidt Slammed by SEC in Emergency Action Against Crypto Scam – March 23, 2020
- Seven-Year-Old Veteran Crown Platform Activates NFT Framework to Tokenise assets on the Crown Blockchain – March 23, 2020
- CovidTrial.io – Online Open Data Clinical Trial for COVID-19 Prevention by MD and Blockchain Experts – March 20, 2020
- Virtual Remote Platform Celo Camp Offers Startups $25,000 USD in Contest Prizes to Build Apps on the Celo Blockchain – March 20, 2020
- Ripe Technology and Neogen Team Up to Bring Blockchain to Food Safety and Animal Genomics – March 20, 2020
- HYPE: Bitcoin Trading Now Open via Banca Sella to 1.2 Million Italians Customers During Lockdown – March 20, 2020
- Argentina’s Natural Gas Infrastructure Moving to Blockchain Technology – March 20, 2020
- Banks Shut Down in Venezuela – P2P Bitcoin Trading Surges – March 19, 2020
- Blockchain and AI Technologies Combined to Battle Coronavirus – Covid-19 as Immuno-Oncology Company Mateon Partners with Meridian IT to Fast Track Drug Manufacturing – March 19, 2020
- Blockchain Cryptocurrency Ripple Teams Up With Thai Remittance Payment Company DeeMoney – March 19, 2020
- $50M ‘Blockchain for India’ Fund for Indian Startup Ecosystem Announced by Binance – March 18, 2020
View All Articles
Also published on Medium.
Credit Source link