Cartesi, who claim they are the first DApp infrastructure that runs an operating system (OS) on top of blockchains, is launching their product as the simultaneously close their first round of funding.
The company’s layer-2 solution is allegedly the first of its kind to bridge the gap between a Linux runtime environment and blockchain, giving developers the opportunity to create DApps using a vast array of mainstream software stacks.
“We are excited to be launching the first-ever Linux infrastructure that runs on top of a blockchain, while we complete our second round of funding,” says Cartesi CEO Erick de Moura. “Blockchains and decentralization will allow for a new exciting range of applications, but with the current state of DApps, the space is very limited, making it very difficult for mainstream adoption. So, we are striving to create serious change and increase the viability of DApp development on top of a blockchain.”
Currently, it is possible to develop directly on the blockchain, but the process is complex, lengthy, and the applications are left with very limited computational capabilities. As blockchain moves out of the shadows and into mainstream consciousness; programming and developing infrastructure must adapt to the new technology for other, non-crypto purposes.
Cartesi brings all the tools and capabilities available in modern operating systems to the decentralized web. The company’s solution provides a legitimate and fully-fledged Linux OS that magnifies the capabilities of decentralized applications without compromising on the security guarantees of blockchain. Cartesi enables programmers to code decentralized applications seamlessly, while maintaining the appeal of mainstream web apps. Moreover, Cartesi will reduce the barrier of entry for mainstream developers and veterans, by eliminating the need to learn new programming languages and domain-specific tools that often present limitations and a steep learning curve.
Cartesi’s framework provides complete scalability for game developers, allowing them to code in their preferred language and still achieve the same product efficiency they are accustomed to:
- A legitimate and fully-fledged Linux OS
- The ability to code decentralized applications seamlessly
- Eliminates the need to learn new programming languages and domain-specific tools
To illustrate the flexibility of Cartesi they are also launching Creepts, a decentralized tower defence game. Creepts’ game logic was written using TypeScript, running off-chain in a fully reproducible Virtual Machine that guarantees honesty among players. Cartesi does the work off-chain and then transfer the results on-chain deterministically so that anyone can confirm the legitimacy of the computation.
- Cartesi Launches Linux Infrastructure For Developing Blockchain DApps – March 24, 2020
- American Company HashCash Consultants Announce Coronavirus Crypto Relief Fund or CFIX – March 23, 2020
- Alibaba Group Implementing Blockchain Technology for the World’s Largest eCommerce Site – March 23, 2020
- Crypto.com Cuts Deal with Oveit for Events Industry Crypto Payments – March 23, 2020
- Russian Central Bank Wants to Clamp Down on Cryptocurrencies – March 23, 2020
- Legendary Silicon Valley Investor Tim Draper Bullish on Indian Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Startups – March 23, 2020
- Former Republican Washington State Senator David Schmidt Slammed by SEC in Emergency Action Against Crypto Scam – March 23, 2020
- Seven-Year-Old Veteran Crown Platform Activates NFT Framework to Tokenise assets on the Crown Blockchain – March 23, 2020
- CovidTrial.io – Online Open Data Clinical Trial for COVID-19 Prevention by MD and Blockchain Experts – March 20, 2020
- Virtual Remote Platform Celo Camp Offers Startups $25,000 USD in Contest Prizes to Build Apps on the Celo Blockchain – March 20, 2020
- Ripe Technology and Neogen Team Up to Bring Blockchain to Food Safety and Animal Genomics – March 20, 2020
- HYPE: Bitcoin Trading Now Open via Banca Sella to 1.2 Million Italians Customers During Lockdown – March 20, 2020
- Argentina’s Natural Gas Infrastructure Moving to Blockchain Technology – March 20, 2020
- Banks Shut Down in Venezuela – P2P Bitcoin Trading Surges – March 19, 2020
- Blockchain and AI Technologies Combined to Battle Coronavirus – Covid-19 as Immuno-Oncology Company Mateon Partners with Meridian IT to Fast Track Drug Manufacturing – March 19, 2020
- Blockchain Cryptocurrency Ripple Teams Up With Thai Remittance Payment Company DeeMoney – March 19, 2020
- $50M ‘Blockchain for India’ Fund for Indian Startup Ecosystem Announced by Binance – March 18, 2020
- Hard Fork for Steem Network Set for Friday, March 18, 2020 – New Community Will be Called Hive – March 18, 2020
- Crypto Giant Bakkt Raise $300 million in Series B Funding Round – March 17, 2020
- To Hedge Against BTC’s Volatility, Phemex Launch GOLD/USD Pair to Trade Gold Perpetual Contracts With up To 100X Leverage – March 17, 2020
View All Articles
Also published on Medium.
Credit Source link