Enterprise blockchain payment solution Ripple has cut a deal with Thai fintech company DeeMoney, who specialise in remittance payments, also known as cross-border payments. Deemoney is now processing live transactions, using Ripple’s global financial platform – a payments network which comprises more than 300 financial institutions worldwide. This allows the company to offer more efficient international money transfers at the lowest fees and best rates.
“Ripple is currently at the forefront of technology and compliance regulations. Its technology provides a single, automated system that speaks the same way to all its 300 partners worldwide, making it simple for our tech teams to integrate into our process. This helps to reduce manual work and intervention, which in turn reduces costs, of which the savings are passed to our customers,” said Aswin Phlaphongphanich, CEO of DeeMoney. “We are excited to partner with Ripple as, together, we aim to democratize finance in Thailand by bringing a new level of efficiency and accessibility for cross-border transactions to and from the nation.”
“The digital banking revolution is taking Thailand by storm, and DeeMoney is a key player in this. By being the first non-bank institution in Thailand to use RippleNet, it redraws the boundaries and rules of engagement by providing efficient international transfers at low fees and competitive rates. Thailand has stated its intention to be a Smart Nation and we are proud to be an enabler of the process by partnering with DeeMoney,” said Marcus Treacher, SVP of Customer Success at Ripple.
DeeMoney is currently using RippleNet to process inbound payments into Thailand mainly from Thai expatriates, friends and family outside the country from South Korea, Indonesia, Singapore, Israel as well as the Middle East and Gulf regions. There are allegedly about aa million Thais working globally who are transferring money back home.
DeeMoney provides same-day settlement into all Thai bank accounts, making it an effective pay-out partner for international remittance companies with volumes into Thailand. With RippleNet, the transfer process is more efficient for those sending money from the growing number of financial institutions, and at the best possible rates.
For the second phase of implementation, DeeMoney will leverage RippleNet to facilitate outbound transfers from Thailand and determine the best partner in destination countries for payouts.
- Banks Shut Down in Venezuela – P2P Bitcoin Trading Surges – March 19, 2020
- Blockchain and AI Technologies Combined to Battle Coronavirus – Covid-19 as Immuno-Oncology Company Mateon Partners with Meridian IT to Fast Track Drug Manufacturing – March 19, 2020
- Blockchain Cryptocurrency Ripple Teams Up With Thai Remittance Payment Company DeeMoney – March 19, 2020
- $50M ‘Blockchain for India’ Fund for Indian Startup Ecosystem Announced by Binance – March 18, 2020
- Hard Fork for Steem Network Set for Friday, March 18, 2020 – New Community Will be Called Hive – March 18, 2020
- Crypto Giant Bakkt Raise $300 million in Series B Funding Round – March 17, 2020
- To Hedge Against BTC’s Volatility, Phemex Launch GOLD/USD Pair to Trade Gold Perpetual Contracts With up To 100X Leverage – March 17, 2020
- Engage Further Backs Blockchain Company Fluree in Seed Extension Round of Financing – March 17, 2020
- Goodyear to Run Blockchain Pilot Supply Chain Programme with Science Applications International Corp – March 16, 2020
- Bitfinex Launches Massive $280m Crypto Hedge Fund for Institutional Investors – March 16, 2020
- Sapien Network Partners With Matic Network To Allow Super-fast, High-performance Transactions – March 16, 2020
- Zilliqa To Launch Zilliqa Dex With Switcheo – March 16, 2020
- Coronavirus Crashes Crypto – March 13, 2020
- Non-Profit Celo Foundation Announces The Launch Of “Alliance For Prosperity” – March 13, 2020
- Two Chinese Nationals Charged with Hacking Cryptocurrency Exchange and Laundering Over $100 Million in Cryptocurrency – March 13, 2020
- Crypto Derivatives Platform Phemex Lands $3.5 Million Investment Round from NGC Ventures Leads – March 12, 2020
- Digital Monetary System Tagion Claims Open Source User-driven Networks Are The Future Of Liquidity In Crypto Assets And Fiat Digitalisation – March 11, 2020
- Caribbean Entrepreneur Builds First System That Allows You To Trade Cryptocurrency From WhatsApp – March 10, 2020
- Leading AdTech Firms Pilot World’s First Blockchain-Powered Digital Out-of-Home Advertising Campaign for Food Delivery Giant foodpanda – March 10, 2020
- Bitcoin Legend Charlie Shrem and BLOCKTV Team up to Bring Untold Stories to the Screen – February 26, 2020
View All Articles
Also published on Medium.
Credit Source link