Binance Charity has kicked off a new USD $5 million fundraising project aimed at tackling the COVID-19 pandemic globally.
“The most important element of human life is to show compassion and help others as we can, without the limitation or restriction of borders. Blockchain technology enables this in greater capacities than ever before and Binance Charity wishes to bring this to the masses,” said Helen Hai, Head of Binance Charity.
Crypto Against COVID is looking to raise $5 million USD in cryptocurrencies (BNB, BTC, BUSD and XRP) to use for buying medical supplies for the countries worst affected by the virus, such as Italy, Germany, Spain, the Republic of Korea, Iran, Turkey, U.S., and the U.K.
“The crypto community is a growing force and we have an opportunity to strengthen this through philanthropy. We encourage the community to take part in this initiative as we unite against COVID-19, and together, we’ll drive impact,” said CZ (Changpeng Zhao), founder and CEO of Binance.
Binance will be leading this effort with an initial donation of USD $1 million and commits to donating up to USD $2 million through the #CryptoAgainstCOVID social media campaign. In addition, Binance will match $1 million USD of public donations received. Click here to donate and learn more.
In January 2020, Binance launched the “Binance for Wuhan” project and committed to a donation of $10,000,000 RMB (~$1.4M USD) worth of medical supplies to support the battle against the virus in China.
As of March 23, 2020, according to the World Health Organisation (WHO), the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases worldwide has exceeded 300,000. Cases are confirmed in more than 175 countries and territories, and more than 14,750 deaths have been reported globally.
As of March 20, 2020, Binance Charity has delivered 366,000 pairs of gloves, 56,800 masks, 9 sterilizers, 173 barrels of disinfectant (around 5 tons), 5,280 bottles of hand sanitizers, 20,000 testing kits, 7,850 protective suits, 20,000 pairs of goggles, 388 oxygen concentrators, and 1000 germicidal lamps to over 300 hospitals and medical teams in multiple provinces/cities including Hubei, Sichuan, Guangxi and Shanghai. Binance Charity Foundation leads this mission, searching for qualified medical supplies from all over the world and directly delivering them to as many hospitals in infected areas as possible.
Binance Charity maintains its mandate of 100% transparency. All transactions will be published in full transparency through the blockchain-based donation portal. Any hospital demands or sources of medical supplies and shipping aid willing to help in this cause, please reach out to [email protected].
Join Binance Charity and help the world fight the coronavirus. Even a small donation can save lives. Together, let’s help those in need. Click here to donate.
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million – March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations – March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Premium Interactive Streaming Network – March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion – March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel – March 26, 2020
- Blockchain Real Estate Project Smartlands Raising Funds on Equity Crowdfunding Platform Seedrs – March 26, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Exchange OKEx Greenlights DEA Trade Token Deapcoin For Its Jobtribe and PlayMining Games – March 26, 2020
- Microasset – The International Blockchain Monetary Reserve Announces $3.48 M In Reserve Funding, New Listing on BiKi Exchange – March 25, 2020
- Social Login – KyberSwap Integrates Torus to Offer Quick and Easy Ethereum Wallet Management – March 25, 2020
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Launches Virtual Events to Connect Blockchain Community Amidst Global Coronavirus Pandemic – March 25, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Report Positive Results For Multiple Covid-19 Drug Candidates – March 25, 2020
- US Judge Slams Brakes on Telegram Token – March 25, 2020
- Game Development Companies Team Up with Blockchain Operation Forte to Unlock New Business Models for Games – March 24, 2020
- Blockchain Supply Chain Project Envoy teams up with KYC Hub – March 24, 2020
- CoinDCX, India’s Largest Cryptocurrency Exchange, Secures Successful Series A Round Led By Polychain Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and HDR Group, operator of BitMEX – March 24, 2020
- Cartesi Launches Linux Infrastructure For Developing Blockchain DApps – March 24, 2020
- American Company HashCash Consultants Announce Coronavirus Crypto Relief Fund or CFIX – March 23, 2020
- Alibaba Group Implementing Blockchain Technology for the World’s Largest eCommerce Site – March 23, 2020
- Crypto.com Cuts Deal with Oveit for Events Industry Crypto Payments – March 23, 2020
- Russian Central Bank Wants to Clamp Down on Cryptocurrencies – March 23, 2020
View All Articles
Also published on Medium.
Credit Source link