The world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange Binance has teamed up with their subsidiary exchange in India – WazirX, to announce a joint initiative $50 million (backed by BNB, BUSD, and WRX digital assets) “Blockchain for India” (BFI) fund to support the development and growth of blockchain startups in India.
“Let’s invest in India,” said Binance CEO and Founder Changpeng Zhao (‘CZ’).
The funds are meant to incubate and invest in blockchain projects and startups focused on solving industrial and social problems through the use of blockchain technology. Investments will include, but not limited to, fiat-to-digital assets gateway solutions, trading platforms, payment, and remittance solutions, digital asset wallets, stablecoins, DeFi platforms, decentralized applications (dApps) and more. The BFI fund will make investments in both equity and tokens, ranging from USD 100,000 to USD 5 million.
“Binance is one good big thing that happened to India and possibly opens one big hope for us,” stated Nitin Narkhede, CEO of Blockchain startup Minersinc.
Nischal Shetty, Founder and CEO of WazirX, said:
“We started WazirX with the aim to involve everyone into this technology revolution, and the Blockchain for India fund marks a big step in this direction. India has the biggest tech talent pool in the world. With this fund, we want to encourage and enable more and more founders and teams to come in and BUIDL. This initiative also shows the incredible potential that the Indian blockchain ecosystem has to offer. Apart from funding transformative blockchain projects in India, we look forward to collaborating with other investment funds to grow the ecosystem even further.”
The fund will also partner with venture funds in India that are actively investing and supporting the blockchain ecosystem. Additionally, the initiative will look to provide mentorship and support to universities and student organizations interested in setting up university blockchain technology incubators.
Under the Blockchain for India initiative, the selected startup founders and teams will get direct access to Binance’s global blockchain ecosystem comprising of Binance Chain, Binance Cloud, Binance DEX, Binance Launchpad, Binance Research, Binance Academy, Binance X and Binance portfolio companies, such as WazirX, DappReview, Trust Wallet and more. They will not only benefit from knowledge and resource sharing but also receive direct mentorship from other founders and leaders within Binance.
Projects interested in inquiring about, and applying to the fund, please write to [email protected] with your project information and business presentation.
Additionally, the team is calling on talent from various areas to join the fund with a background in venture capital and/or blockchain research. The team is also looking for advisors to join its advisory committee; industry leaders or experts in blockchain technology, business development, and government relations are welcome.
- $50M ‘Blockchain for India’ Fund for Indian Startup Ecosystem Announced by Binance – March 18, 2020
- Hard Fork for Steem Network Set for Friday, March 18, 2020 – New Community Will be Called Hive – March 18, 2020
- Crypto Giant Bakkt Raise $300 million in Series B Funding Round – March 17, 2020
- To Hedge Against BTC’s Volatility, Phemex Launch GOLD/USD Pair to Trade Gold Perpetual Contracts With up To 100X Leverage – March 17, 2020
- Engage Further Backs Blockchain Company Fluree in Seed Extension Round of Financing – March 17, 2020
- Goodyear to Run Blockchain Pilot Supply Chain Programme with Science Applications International Corp – March 16, 2020
- Bitfinex Launches Massive $280m Crypto Hedge Fund for Institutional Investors – March 16, 2020
- Sapien Network Partners With Matic Network To Allow Super-fast, High-performance Transactions – March 16, 2020
- Zilliqa To Launch Zilliqa Dex With Switcheo – March 16, 2020
- Coronavirus Crashes Crypto – March 13, 2020
- Non-Profit Celo Foundation Announces The Launch Of “Alliance For Prosperity” – March 13, 2020
- Two Chinese Nationals Charged with Hacking Cryptocurrency Exchange and Laundering Over $100 Million in Cryptocurrency – March 13, 2020
- Crypto Derivatives Platform Phemex Lands $3.5 Million Investment Round from NGC Ventures Leads – March 12, 2020
- Digital Monetary System Tagion Claims Open Source User-driven Networks Are The Future Of Liquidity In Crypto Assets And Fiat Digitalisation – March 11, 2020
- Caribbean Entrepreneur Builds First System That Allows You To Trade Cryptocurrency From WhatsApp – March 10, 2020
- Leading AdTech Firms Pilot World’s First Blockchain-Powered Digital Out-of-Home Advertising Campaign for Food Delivery Giant foodpanda – March 10, 2020
- Bitcoin Legend Charlie Shrem and BLOCKTV Team up to Bring Untold Stories to the Screen – February 26, 2020
- KLM To Use Blockchain to Streamline Financial Processes Thanks to Amsterdam-based Unchain and R3 – February 25, 2020
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry – February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform – February 21, 2020
View All Articles
Also published on Medium.
Credit Source link